11 May 2011

Pink Wednesdays! "Oh hell no, I did not leave the South Side for this!"

It's Wednesday! Pink Wednesday, specifically. There are a group of fab nail polish bloggers who polish up in pink on Wednesdays - a la The Plastics from Mean Girls - and I'm super excited to join in for the first time this week! (Yes, I type - and talk - with a lot of exclamation points. Get used to it.)

For this week's Pink Wednesday, I really wanted to also try out my first konadicure. For those who don't know, Konad makes nail art that you can stamp onto your nails for funky designs. I drool when I see great konadicures on other bloggers, and really wanted to try one out. But, in case it was an epic fail, I needed to have a pale pink so the fail wouldn't be too obvious. So, I used OPI's Suzi & The Lifeguard as my base color with white Konad polish for the design.

Overall, I'm displeased with the polish, but for my first Konad, I can't hate on it too much. The polish went on very streaky, and even after 3 coats wasn't perfectly smoothed out and there is still VNL (visible nail line). I expected better, OPI! The nail design was easy-peasy to apply, I'm just not a floral kind of person, and the plate that came with the kit only had floral patterns. So I will be heading over to amazon pronto to buy some new plates.

IMG_0250

IMG_0251

I'm not feeling this konadicure at all, so am counting down the hours until I can peace out of work and go home to change my nail polish! I normally try to stay away from the blues and greens and funky colors during the work week - keeping it conservative and all - but I've picked up some great colors in the past few days and really want to try them out!


What do you think? Was my first Konad manicure an epic fail? How do you like OPI's Suzi & the Lifeguard? And what's your favorite quote from Mean Girls? Sound off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment