11 August 2011

Nails Inc Week: St. John's Wood

It's Thursday, Thursday! Just a short hop, skip, and a jump away to the weekend!

Continuing with our Nails Inc. series this week, today I have for you Nails Inc. St. John's Wood. This is one of the most popular polishes from Nails Inc.'s line. St. John's Wood is described as a "soft powder lilac." I guess I think of lilacs as a much more paler color, as I see a lot of strong blue notes in this bold color. It reminds me more of a slightly lighter version of the blurples I reviewed a few weeks ago. St. John's Wood was easy to apply and had the same great Nails Inc. formula I've come to expect. My steady hand was back, which means these could have been 1-coat wonders, but I used 2 coats to really show the beauty of the color.




St. John's Wood was a tricky polish to capture on film - I took a lot of photos, but everything showed up much closer to blue than purple. This was the closest I could get to match the color, but it's still a hint too blue. It's a fantastic color - it's reminiscent of the purple color usually associated with all things Easter - bunnies, baskets, and egg hunts. I like St. John's Wood, but it is unique - it's bold, but not bold enough to be full of vamp/attitude/night-on-the-town edginess. It's feminine, but not dainty. It doesn't blend in enough to be safe-for-work, but there's nothing about it that offends the senses either. It is definitely a chameleon - and going back in to the international drawer in my Helmer for safekeeping in my collection!


What do you think? Have you checked out any of the Nails Inc. polishes yet at Sephora? Do you like these blue-purple shades? And do you have a color like St. John's Wood in your collection, one that I would call a 'jack-of-all-trades, but a master at none'?

No comments:

Post a Comment