26 May 2011

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Wear Test...

Hey Lacquer Lovers! How's everyone's week going? Inching along to the 3-day weekend, or is the time flying by? It's actually going to be a 4 1/2 day weekend for me, and while the week is flying, Friday 1p can't get here fast enough!

So I have to apologize to you all - I know I was doing a wear test to figure out what treatment is better at preventing chips, either a sticky base coat or a chip-preventing top coat. Unfortunately, I can't finish the test - silly me forgot that I am moving to a new office tomorrow, and i just chipped both manicures all to hell packing up 3 offices! (For the record, the Orly base coat was beating the essie top coat, but I won't hold it against essie.) So, unfortunately, we're going to cut this test short and try again next week!

In the mean time, I just had to get this chipped manicure off my fingers, so reached for a new polish to throw on. I'm way over pinks and corals right now, so decided to go with a new color and new brand - Nubar Indigo Illusion. Nubar is a brand I had never heard of before I decided to start talking to other polish lovers and was pleased to learn it's distributed in the US right here in Los Angeles! Last weekend I went out to a few small stores in Little Saigon to see what I could find, and Indigo Illusion was one of the colors I picked up. Indigo Illusion is teal/purple duochrome, meaning both colors shine through in the polish depending on lighting and angle. Take a look!



It was really difficult to capture the purple side of the duochrome in a photo, but you can see it in the bottle clearly in this shot.

Overall, I think I'd characterize this polish as ugly-pretty. The teal/purple combo are not colors I would normally wear, but the fact that it's a duochrome and really interesting to look at more than makes up for it. It's a manicure that is definitely a conversation starter - so I'm happy to have it in my collection!


What do you think? Do you like these duochrome polishes? Have you tried any Nubar polishes yet? Sound off in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment