09 May 2011

Shatter - The Perfect Nail Fix

I like to think of myself as a girly-girl. I love doing my makeup and painting my nails. I have an impressive collection of designer handbags. And while I haven't mastered the 3" heel (my feet always hurt!) I can rock a hot weave with the best of 'em.

But here's a secret - whenever I go out I look amazing for the first 10 minutes - and then everything starts dropping. Curls drop out of the hair, I drop out of the cute pumps into flats, and my mascara on occasion races to my jaw line like it's the Boston marathon. When it comes to manicures, they're good for the first few minutes - but then I need to jump into jeans, hop in the car, walk the dog, etc., and the dings, dents, and chips start to arrive on my perfectly polished hands. I've found some quick-dry top coats that help, but it's always just a matter of time.

I haven't figured out how to keep my manicures perfectly chip-free, so instead I've found the only thing better than chips - shatters! Yes, I know that shatter/crackle nail polish is all the rage right now. OPI started this year by releasing black shatter nail polish with the Serena Williams Glam Slam and Katy Perry collections, and silver shatter recently released with the Pirates of the Caribbean collection. There is also a red shatter and white shatter dropping this month with the next two installments in the Serena Williams collection, and I've also seen swatches of a blue, navy and turquoise shatter. Shatter is great for vamp or funky nails, but I am all about using it to cover up chips and dents.

Silly me forgot to take a pic of my mangled hands after wearing Dating A Royal all day Saturday, but below is a shot of DAR with silver shatter:



Love this fix! As I mentioned, silver shatter released with the OPI Pirates of the Caribbean collection out this month. I'll be swatching the polishes for the next few days, so look for a post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment