28 April 2012

Summer Lovin' 2012: Dior Bikini

Happy Saturday!  I hope everyone is having a great weekend.  I am on my way to my first MBA event this afternoon, and even though I had to go neutral on my nails with Chanel Rose Cache (did I ever review that polish?? I must check!!), I thought I’d show you a fun color today.  Time is of the essence, so let’s jump right in!

Today I have for you the second polish from the Dior Croisette Summer 2012 collection, Dior BikiniBikini is a orange-tinted coral with a crème finish.  It reminds me a lot of the base color of Chanel Distraction (which I reviewed a few weeks ago) minus the pink shimmer in Distraction.  The formula on this one was a little wonky – very thick and not self-leveling (you can kind of see this problem on the middle finger in the photos below).  While the color is pigmented and I could have gotten away with 2 coats, I ended up doing 3 coats on a few nails to smooth out the bumps.  No fun!!



(Apologies for the hang nail on my ring finger – the perils of quickie manis before work!)


IMG_2159



As I mentioned, Dior Bikini is really similar to Chanel Distraction, minus the pink shimmer.  If you have one, I’m not convinced you need both, unless you really love the base color and want to have a shimmer option.  If I had to choose, I’d probably prefer to own Chanel Distraction as it had the better formula and more interesting color.


What do you think?  Is Dior Bikini a must-have?  Are you loving the coral nail trend this season?  Or are you just ready for me to review a brand other than Dior (which is quite a reasonable request!)?

No comments:

Post a Comment