18 September 2011

Les Jeans de Chanel: Blue Rebel


Happy Sunday!  Today I have for you another polish from the Les Jeans de Chanel collection for FNO, Blue Rebel.  I reviewed Blue Boy last week, and Blue Rebel is definitely the darker, sexier jean to Blue Boy’s well-worn denim feel.  If Blue Boy is my favorite comfy pair of jeans, Blue Rebel is the slightly uncomfortable, slimming dark jean I whip out for nights out on the town. 

Blue Rebel is a dark navy creme with smoky tones.  It is highly pigmented and has a squishy formula – like Blue Boy, it feels like a jelly, and has a high gloss finish like a jelly, but is still a creme with full opacity in just 2 coats.


IMG_1330



Blue Rebel is a little lighter in the photo than IRL; the deep color on the pointer finger is probably most accurate.  It’s dark, but not too dark that one would mistake it for black – it’s definitely blue.  This is another winner from Chanel!



I went through my collection to see if I had any polishes similar to Blue Rebel.  The best I could come up with is a polish I picked up in my Euro haul this past summer, Mavala Smoky Blue.  Mavala is a Swiss brand I don’t think is available here in the states.  As you can see in the photo below, Smoky Blue is very close, but it’s slightly more gray and has a light blue shimmer, while Blue Rebel is a true crème. On the right I also swatched another navy blue crème, China Glaze First Mate, to show you the gray undertones in Blue Rebel.


IMG_1343
L-to-R: Chanel Blue Rebel, Mavala Smoky Blue, CG First Mate


If you haven’t grabbed them yet, Les Jeans de Chanel is still available online at Chanel.  The collection retails for $29/polish.  They’re supposed to be available until the end of September, so be sure to pick up a polish or two while you can!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blue, but I am not sure it is unique enough for me to spend the money on a Chanel polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dying to get this!!!! I love it, just my cup of tea.

    I also nominated you for a blog award
    http://tokkiandoliver.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Leticia - I couldn't find any colors in popular brands (OPI, China Glaze, etc.) that were exact dupes, but I agree there are a lot of darker blues out there that can satisfy anyone's taste for Blue Rebel without the hefty Chanel price tag - OPI Dating A Royal, China Glaze First Mate, or Essie Mesmerize would all be great substitutes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sue - my first blog award! yay, i totally feel like I've arrived! LOL too cute, though - thanks!

    And don't miss out on ordering Blue Rebel! One only needs to search 'Chanel Khaki nail polish' on eBay to be reminded why not to leave owning this polish in the hands of evil bayers!

    ReplyDelete