26 June 2011

Zoya Sooki (True Blood Returns!)

Happy Sunday, Lacquer Lovers!

It has been a quiet and productive weekend here in SoCal - I got my hair did yesterday, did a little nail polish shopping, beautiful hike this morning in Runyon Canyon, and just finished a few hours of swatching polishes I haven't had time to get to. Haha okay, so there was no cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, etc., but the former is my idea of a productive weekend way more than the latter.

In case you haven't heard, season 4 of True Blood returns tonight on HBO! I watched the first 3 episodes already (there are a few perks to working for a studio and having friends in the industry!), and for all you hardcore fans, you will not be disappointed! For fans of the book - well, the more you can distance yourself from the storyline in the books, the happier you will be. Alan Ball has his own point of view for the characters in Bon Temps, and while he respects Charlaine Harris' original work, he definitely is forging his own ideas on the Bon Temps universe without apology.

To celebrate the return of our favorite southern vamps, I changed up my pedi today to Zoya Sooki. Sooki is a bright red creme, released this year as a part of the Zoya Summertime Collection. It was surprisingly opaque in just 1 coat - always a plus! - but I did 2 coats below, just to get rid of any VNL. You know I never force my friends to stare at my piggies, so here's a look at Sooki on my fingers:


The photo above is natural light and didn't quite capture how bright and bold Sooki really is. Here's a shot with artificial light and flash:


Overall, Sooki really reminds me of OPI Vodka & Caviar, one of my favorite reds ever. V&C is much more of a jelly versus Sooki which is a true creme. (Memo to self - must do a comparison soon!) Sooki has a place in my collection now, but if it turns out to be a dupe for V&C, it may be facing the 'true death' and leaving my collection.

What do you think? Do you have any of the polishes from the Zoya Summertime Collection? Are you a True Blood fan? And doesn't Sooki seem to be the perfect polish for Sookie Stackhouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment