06 June 2011

Polish Round-Up: June Releases and Snap Judgements!

It's Monday, Manic Monday! Well, at least it is for me at work - last week was the least productive week I've had in ages (well, the fact that I only worked 3 days certainly had something to do with it). So, this week is off with a roar, but that's okay - I'm heading up to San Francisco and Sonoma this weekend for a few days, and everything is better when you're in wine country!

A lot of new releases will be popping up in stores this month, so I thought it would be a good idea to do a round-up of a few of the new releases for all you polish lovers who actually do have social lives and don't spend you free time in makeup chat forums and talking to other polish lovers. Below are 3 big collections that are releasing this month, as well as my snap judgement on what looks like good buys and what may be more of the same.

OPI Grand Slam! England Release

From the OPI Press Release:

OPI Unveils Three New Shades from Serena Williams’ Glam Slam! Series

OPI
joins tennis superstar Serena Williams in announcing the latest three lacquers in the Glam Slam! collection. To celebrate the world’s oldest, most prestigious tennis tournament, Glam Slam! England features two duo-packs filled with sparkle.

The first Lacquer set includes Your Royal Shine-ness, a metallic silver shade, paired with Servin’ Up Sparkle, a shimmer-packed silver glitter. The second Lacquer set also features Servin’ Up Sparkle, along with Grape…Set…Match, a metallic purple.


Snap Judgement: I love the Serena Williams Grand Slam series! Love the purple and silver polishes, and while I'm not normally a glitter person, I will definitely be making room for Servin' up Sparkle in my collection.


OPI Nice Stems

From the OPI Press Release:

Nice Stems! by OPI Revamps Nails with Vibrant Pink Hues for Summer 2011

Stop and see the flowers with summer’s Nice Stems! by OPI, a limited edition collection featuring four new nail lacquers in stunning shades of pink. With whimsical names based on their floral inspirations, these vibrant, flirty colors range from pale, frosty pink to rich fuchsia. Nice Stems! offers fingers and toes a perfectly pink shade for all of summer’s looks.

“These vibrant, feminine hues complement 60’s ladylike fashions, 70’s glam looks, and bold color-blocking, which are the season’s staples,” says Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. “The Nice Stems! collection also offers an interesting contrast and feminine accent to the punk and biker looks on the runways.”


Nice Stems! by OPI shades include:

Play the Peonies
We’d put our money on this lovely soft-pink.
Come to Poppy
Surrender to shine with this shimmering coral-pink.
Be a Dahlia Won’t You?
Give the gift of fabulous fuchsia—to yourself!
I Lily Love You
Fall head over heels with this light pink sparkle.


Snap Judgement: More pinks, OPI? REALLY? This is an easy collection to pass on - just nothing that I don't feel I've seen before (or already own).


Zoya - Touch Collection

From Zoya's press release:

Zoya Nail Polish presents 3 new, full coverage nudes designed to coordinate with a variety of skin tones. Each softly kissed with a bit of metallic to make them ultra wearable.


"It's not about finding a perfect match to your skin tone but rather about finding the one that coordinates. Our color experts logged many hours creating the perfect full-coverage nude nail polish shades! Since then we've found that most people can wear one of the three new nudes in the Zoya Touch collection no matter what!" - Zoya Media Relations


Minka (ZP561) - latte beige cream with a metallic kiss
Shay (ZP562) - desert rose sand beige cream with a metallic kiss
Pandora (ZP563) - mauve beige cream with a metallic kiss


Snap Judgement: Eventhough I'm constantly in search of the perfect nude/work-friendly nail, nothing in this new collection from Zoya is overly exciting me. I never trust when a company tells me something is 'nude' - because what is nude for my less-pigmented friends is not nude for me. I'm in a bright color kinda summer mood, so I think this collection gets an all-around pass from me.


What do you think? Are there any colors in these collections that really get your blood pumping? Or do you think you're seeing more of the same? Sound of in the comments, and let me know if you'd like to see anything reviewed!

No comments:

Post a Comment