01 March 2012

China Glaze Agro

 Good morning!  How’s everyone’s week going so far?  Any interesting plans to look forward to this weekend?  I feel like a total weakling for saying this, and my east coast friends and family would probably hit me for it, but it’s soooo cold in LA!  Like, high in the upper 50s cold, which is a bit ridiculous for this town.  But the chill is the less annoying part – the constant change in weather from warm to cold is wreaking havoc on my allergies!  I’m looking forward to a quiet weekend and nursing myself back to health, for sure.  Or at least that’s what I say now – who knows what last minute party or drinking excursion will come up to distract me!  Haha!

Today I have for you the other polish I purchased from the new Hunger Games collection, China Glaze AgroAgro is an olive green polish with a shimmer finish.  Initially I thought the shimmer was all gold, but when I looked under bright sunlight, I could see flashes of pink and purple, too!  Agro is such a chameleon!  The formula for this one was less wonderful to work with – it was thick as all get out, almost a one coater, but not in a good way.  All I can suggest is go as thin as you can when applying this polish, friends!  I ended up doing 2 coats for this mani.  Agro was a bit of a pain to manipulate, but I love the color so much that I won’t give up on it! 


IMG_2013



IMG_2012



Agro was the polish I was most excited for from this collection, and while the formula left something to be desired, the polish otherwise did not disappoint!  I think this may be my mani when I head to the theater to see the movie later this month!

Agro and the rest of the polishes from the Hunger Games Collection are available beginning today at your regular beauty retailers.  You can find them online at sallybeauty.com where they retail for $5.99/polish.  Agro is getting a lot of buzz, so grab it up while you can! 
 

What do you think about Agro?  Do you have a polish you love so much you’ll tolerate some formula issues?  Do you have any other polishes in this olive color family?  And which polishes from the Hunger Games collection caught your eye?  Sound off in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. Love this olive green shimmer! I've been looking for a good olive green so this might go on my wishlist! I definitely have some polishes that don't have the best formula but that I love anyway because of the color or even just because it looks pretty in the bottle!

    ReplyDelete